Besides approving the 2017 rate hikes, The Postal Regulatory Commission also approved:
(1) rename “Standard Mail” as “USPS Marketing Mail”;
(2) combine 3-Digit and AADC workshare categories for Standard Mail Automation Letters;
(3) increase the maximum weight for Standard Mail Machinable Letters from 3.3 ounces to 3.5 ounces;
(4) increase the weight breakpoint at which pound prices apply for Standard Mail flats from 3.3 ounces to 4.0 ounces;
(5) eliminate certain price cells for flat-shaped pieces prepared for and entered at FSS locations;
(6) reduce the number of price tiers for Saturation and Carrier Route Parcels (Simple Samples).