The USPS is making changes within its Marketing and Deputy Postmaster General organizations to better serve customers.
“Although the entire organization is responsible for delivering excellent service and customer experiences, the following changes will sharpen our focus to more effectively reach and engage our customers, and bring their voices and rising expectations more prominently into our strategy development,” PMG Megan J. Brennan wrote in an Oct. 20 memo.
• Jim Cochrane, who previously served as chief marketing and sales officer, will now lead his organization as chief customer and marketing officer.
• Within this group, Cliff Rucker, who previously served as sales vice president, will become sales and customer relations senior vice president. He will continue to oversee Sales, while taking on added responsibility for the Business Service Network and Customer Care Centers.
• Steve Monteith, who previously served as executive director of product management for mailing products and shipping services, will now serve as marketing vice president. He will oversee Brand Marketing, Customer Engagement and Strategic Alignment, Customer and Market Insights, Industry Engagement, Product Management — Mailing Products and Services, Product Management — Shipping Products, and Stamp Services.
• The vice president position that oversees Consumer and Industry Affairs has been eliminated and the Consumer Advocate function will report to the chief customer and marketing officer. This is designed to elevate the voice of residential customers throughout the organization.
• The vice president position that oversees Global Business will also be eliminated and the organization is being modified to better align with core business units.
• Gary Reblin will continue to report to Cochrane as vice president overseeing Product Innovation.
Additionally, within the DPMG organization, DPMG Ron Stroman will continue to oversee Government Relations, Sustainability and Office of the Judicial Officer. He also will lead international efforts that involve public policy and oversee International Postal Affairs, a new function within his group.
The changes take effect Oct. 20, 2016.
SEARCH the Official Mail Guide
FROM THE SPRING 2018 OMG:
Bowe’s Versatile New OptiSorter
Turn Used Boxes Into Packing Material
Picture Perfect Mail Matching System
New Mail Tray Conveyor Systems
Buskro Quantum Inkjet Printhead
New Production Inkjet Press
UltraJet Addressing System
Mail Order Fulfillment Automation
Ultimate Mid-Range Inserting Solution
NPI Tackles Ecommerce Sorting